Warehouse Associate — 1st Shift
Cape May Brewing Company is looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our team. This person will perform all functions necessary to aid in the accuracy, organization, and cleanliness of all warehouse space and operations. These functions include assisting the Warehouse Managers with receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, and organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Assist with shipping and receiving trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area
- Open bales, crates and other containers, and sort and place materials away.
- Assist with inventory controls and assist in counting physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Help organize the warehouse to ensure all material and inventory are identified and maintained in FIFO status
- Perform item and material transfers from multiple locations
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Check-in and reconcile daily driver orders
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1 year of previous warehouse experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and mathematical skills
- Dependable and Reliable
- Inventory, equipment maintenance, data entry, and computer skills may be required
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 20 – 165lbs
- Frequently required to stand or walk.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Forklift certification is a plus
This is a full-time, year-round position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30am – 2:30pm. Occasional weekend and extended hours may be required.