Job Title: Retail Manager
Department: Tasting Room
Employment Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: General Manager, Tasting Room
Job Summary: The Retail Manager is responsible to lead and participate in the day-to-day operations of the Tasting Room and our retail store (known affectionately as The Brewtique). The Retail Manager will act as the retail buyer in support of procuring the highest quality of goods at the best possible rates as well as overseeing the yearly merchandise planning. You will also be responsible for all external retail sales and ensuring both internal and external guests have the best possible experience.
To apply, click here!
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead by example in upholding the Company’s Core Values and promoting a positive and constructive working environment.
- Serve as a leader to work along with and motivate Tasting Room and Brewtique team members while promoting a culture that builds exceptional internal and external guest experience. This is accomplished through guest engagement and building an emotional connection to our brand.
- Responsible for executing all merchandise related tasks, Including oversight of all retail outlets (onsite, temporary offsite, pop-up events, and permanent offsite).
- Purchasing of operational goods and services and capital assets.
- Oversees planning and execution of annual and quarterly merchandise releases.
- Reviews all purchasing documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Works in collaboration with other leaders at Cape May Brewing Company to create synergy between the Tasting Room and other departments within the company.
- Assists department leaders in all merchandise related purchasing.
- Drive sales and profitability by being a leader in the industry and continuing to adapt to changing trends.
- Maintain proper inventory levels based on seasonality of business, Utilize ordering techniques to best position company with appropriate stock levels.
- Coordinate with the leadership team to achieve maximum education and training levels for Brewtique, Greeting, Tour and Beertending team members via staff meetings and tastings.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory and report on discrepancies and shrinkage.
- Ensure various inventoried items are consistently monitored and any discrepancies are addressed in a timely manner.
- Drives the recruitment, retention and performance management of all retail team members.
- Ensure Tasting and Brewtique expendable supplies are adequately stocked and reordered if necessary.
- Assist General Manager with Tasting Room, Brewtique, tour, and Greeters’ scheduling.
- Supports an environment that encourages creative thinking and individuality.
- Coordinate, schedule and act as liaison for events/group visits in the Tasting Room
- Holds self and others accountable to high performance standards while providing guests with consistently memorable experiences.
- Develops strategy and helps to translate into specific priorities, objectives and action plans.
- Understands and drives appropriate metrics to assess business performance.
- Manages time, projects, processes and resources to produce desired outcomes.
- Will act as Senior Leadership alongside Tasting Room General Manager, making decisions to best position the Tasting Room and staff for success.
- Upholds all company policies as outlined in the Cape May Brewing Company Employee Handbook.
- Drive sales and spreads awareness of Cape May Brewing Company brands.
- Ensure a clean and organized work area and maintain the cleanliness of all equipment.
- Participate in and assist with the training and development of team members.
- Constantly strive for improvement by looking for ways to make things better, safer, faster or by reducing costs.
Tasting Room and Brewtique personnel
- 21 years of age or older
- College degree preferred, prior retail and supervisory experience required
- Three to five years experience in a hospitality-specific leadership role
- Three to five years retail buying experience
- Must have open availability for a flexible work schedule that meets the needs of the business, including evenings, holidays and weekend shifts
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels, even under pressure
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead a team that drives results
- Proven ability to create a positive work environment
- Ability to listen to feedback and take constructive action
- Must maintain a professional appearance in adherence to company policy
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Standing and sitting for long periods of time
- Occasional squatting, crouching, bending, kneeling
- Intermediate twisting, climbing a ladder
- Repetitive movements
- Lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted and up to 150 lbs assisted
- Manually manipulating parts
- Occasionally pushing and pulling heavy loads
- Access, input, and retrieve information from a computer
- Regularly required to reach with arms and hands
- Required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls
- Required to talk and to hear
- Occasional use of heavy machinery, including hand pallet jacks and forklift operation
- Working individually and as a team
- Working under time pressure
- Encountering frequent interruptions
- Using effective verbal communication
- Working in hot and cold temperatures
- Working on uneven surfaces and wet conditions
- Working in a noisy machinery
- Working directly with the public
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.
To apply, click here!