As a maintenance technician you will be responsible for all things concerning maintenance of brewing and packaging equipment, including making immediate repairs, building and implementing a preventative maintenance program, and educating staff on proper equipment usage. Along with equipment maintenance, you will also be responsible for facilities upkeep and general repairs in the Brewery. You will represent and promote Cape May Brewery in a positive manner to guests, local residents and the general public.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead by example in upholding the Company’s Core Values and promoting a positive and constructive working environment
- Must be able to work in and promote a team-oriented and “Safety First” environment.
- Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives.
- Diagnose and repair all machinery and process system malfunctions, must be fluent in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Diagnose and repair all mechanical power transmission equipment-knowledge of Gearboxes, mechanical drives, and variable speed applications.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems-knowledge of Cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and lubrication devices.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- Diagnose and repair motors, breakers, switches, starters, relays, timers, photo/ultrasonic sensors, level and pressure switches, and power supplies
- Building and implementing a preventative maintenance program and ensuring that schedule is adhered to
- Maintaining all secondary facility equipment, such as the boiler, glycol system, air compressor, and cold storage chillers
- Performing general building maintenance, including repairs on the building and appliances, as well as installations
- Responsible for diagnostics, repair, maintain and calibrate brewery processes, electrical control systems, and instrumentation. Must be proficient with PLCs and related controls.
- Maintaining spare parts inventories
- Managing and or assisting projects undertaken by third party contractors
- Participating in regularly scheduled departmental meetings to review issues and propose solutions
- Ensure that the work area is clean and organized
- Constantly strive for improvement by looking for ways to make things better, safer, faster or by reducing costs
- Liaison key technical information to customers, including Engineering, Quality, operations, and maintenance. Must be proficient in reporting and maintaining work, control data, and systems.
- Maintain accurate records and data.
- Assist in other areas of the brewery on an as-needed basis
- 21 years of age or older
- Prior experience as a Maintenance Technician, working with liquid handling and packaging equipment
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience and knowledge of personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), and Networking devices.
- High School Diploma/GED, or higher
To apply, click here!