Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Cape May Brewing Company is searching for a masterful machine guardian to join our Brewing Department team in Cape May, NJ. We are one of the top craft breweries in New Jersey, and with our rapid growth has come a large increase in our equipment stock. We are looking for someone who is energetic, self-motivated, and capable to keep our equipment running smoothly and our facility in great shape. This is a full-time position, complete with benefits and a competitive salary.
Our Maintenance Technician will work directly with the Director of Brewing Operations on all things concerning maintenance of our Brewery equipment, including making immediate repairs, building and implementing a Preventative Maintenance program, and educating our crew on the proper ways to keep our equipment running longer and better. Along with equipment maintenance, this position will also include facilities upkeep and general repairs in both the Brewery and Tasting Room. This position reports to the Director of Brewing Operations.
- Taking care of as-needed repairs of all brewing equipment including pumps, small motors, valves & solenoids, agitators, Brewhouse equipment, centrifuge, conveyors, and can/bottle filling equipment.
- Building and implementing a Preventative Maintenance program and ensuring that schedule is adhered to.
- Maintaining all secondary facility equipment, such as the boiler, glycol system, air compressor, and cold storage chillers.
- Performing general building maintenance in the Brewery and Tasting Room facilities, including repairs on the building and appliances, as well as installations.
- Maintaining spare parts inventories.
- Managing projects undertaken by third-party contractors (with oversight from the Director of Brewing Operations).
- Assisting in other areas of the brewery on an as-needed basis.
- Prior experience as a Maintenance Technician, working with liquid handling and packaging equipment.
- Education level of High School Diploma/GED, or higher.
- Applicant must have an enthusiasm for solving problems and fixing machines, and a desire to work hard to help make great beer!
- Must love craft beer!
- Able to work in a warm environment.
- Able to work independently, completing all necessary tasks.
- Intermediate knowledge base of electrical components as well as mechanical.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, possibly including early mornings and evenings.
If you have a great attitude and excellent work ethic and think you’d be a great fit for our team, please email your resume to [email protected] or apply in person in our Tasting Room during normal business hours (12-8pm every day). PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS.