The Cape May Brewing Company is looking for an experienced Controller to manage and direct the financial activities of the organization. The successful applicant must love to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis, and probability statements. The Controller must also be fluent and accurate with QuickBooks, Excel, Google Sheets, and all accounting and financial language and calculations.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls, and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, etc.
- Manage weekly bill pay
- Establish and manage a PO process
- Develop, improve, and issue timely monthly financial records for CEO and Board of Directors, including a rolling 26-week cash flow (updated weekly)
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms
- Assure that assets are not awkwardly encumbered with personal guarantees or unrealistic commitments
- Work closely with the CEO in the development and economic evaluation of various fringe benefit programs for staff and program components
- Create and adjust KPI metrics
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Manage budget process and communicate to CEO, Board of Directors, and other Company department leaders
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought-after department goal
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s preferred
- Five or more related years of experience and/or training.
- CPA license is preferred but not required.
- Ability and experience supervising others
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Sheets, and QuickBooks
- Prior experience in the beverage industry would be a plus!