Visiting the Brewery
There have been a number of changes at Cape May Brewing Company, from COVID-19 adaptations to opening new spaces and creating new experiences. Here is the latest information based on current New Jersey State guidelines!
We want our visitors to have all of the information they need in one place, so we’ve compiled it below. If you have any unanswered questions, please see our FAQ page.
The Cape May Brewing Company Tasting Room, Beer Garden, and Brewtique are currently open daily from 12pm to 7pm. Our Brewtanical Garden is closed for the season. We will be closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day this year.
KEEP IN MIND: We do not serve food. No outside alcohol is permitted. Please feel free to BYOF (bring your own food)!
Tasting Room + Beer Garden
- We are offering full bar service, with first come, first serve seating and standing room both inside and outside.
- We will be open 12pm to 7pm, with last call at 6:45pm. (Wednesday, 11/24, we are open 12pm to 5pm, with last call at 4:45pm).
- We have tables and sections to accommodate a wide variety of groups. No reservations are accepted for any sized party at this time.
- We welcome our vaccinated guests to visit without masks, and look to our guests to wear masks or not based on their status or personal preference. Our team members will continue to wear masks.
- The Beer Garden is adjacent to the Tasting Room and is accessible through the main entrance to the Tasting Room.
- Our Beer Garden is open to the elements. Please dress appropriately.
- No pets will be allowed in our Tasting Room or Beer Garden. Our Brewtanical Garden is our only pet friendly space. See below.
- All ages are welcome, and visitors must be 21+ to drink. We will be checking IDs at the door and you will receive a hand stamp for our alcoholic beverages.
- The Brewtique is adjacent to the Tasting Room and is accessible through the main entrance to the Tasting Room.
- All beer to go and merchandise can be found and purchased in the Brewtique. We are not offering growler fills at the main bar.
- You’ll find a clearly marked area for order pickup. Our team will retrieve your order by last name or by order number.
- All glassware is wrapped and kept behind the register. Simply tell the Brewtique Associate which one you’d like. You can also purchase glassware at the bar.
- We are currently filling all standard, bottle growlers. Please feel free to bring in your 32oz. or 64oz. growlers to fill, or purchase a new one from our Brewtique when visiting. We are not able to fill any other specialty growler types at this time.
- All available apparel sizes are on display.
- Currently, we are unable to allow our customers to try on any merchandise; however, all merchandise purchases may be returned in their original condition with receipt or proof of purchase for any reason up to 30 days after purchase.
- CLOSED FOR THE SEASON—See you in 2022!
- Vaccinated guests are welcome to visit without a mask, and we trust our guests to make the right decision to wear a mask or not based on their status or personal preference.
- We want everyone to be safe and healthy, so if you’re not feeling well, make sure to rest up and come visit us another day – we’re open seven days a week!
- Our greeters will meet you at the entrance. Please have your valid ID ready, and your hand will be stamped for access to the bar.
- All staff will continue to wear masks.
- Scheduled cleaning takes place every hour and as needed, with all hard-contact surfaces being disinfected.
- We are currently accepting cash, credit cards, and electronic payments.
- Plastic cups are used in the Brewtanical Garden while glassware is used in the Tasting Room and Beer Garden. However, new pint glasses will remain available for purchase in the Brewtique, or through the bar.