Top Ten Reasons to do the St. Paddy’s Day Plunge
We’re all about taking the plunge here at CMBC. For nearly seven years, we’ve been at the forefront of New Jersey craft beer, making waves, challenging the status quo, and Being a Good Neighbor while we do so.
So, it only makes sense that we’re sponsoring the 2nd Annual St. Paddy’s Day Plunge!
Spearheaded by the good folks over at Carney’s, all of the proceeds go to Family Promise, a non-traditional family housing program dedicated to helping homeless families with children get back on their feet.
As if that worthy organization weren’t reason enough, we’ve got ten more reasons you should take the Plunge!
- There’s a legit 5K at 11am on Saturday. It’s timed, it’s sanctioned, it’s… not necessary to do in conjunction with the Plunge but hella cool anyway.
- You get some pretty sweet swag. A welcome bag with stickers, a koozie, and all kinds of cool stuff.
- You haven’t had a beach day in a while and we know you’re jonesing for one.
- We’ll be crowning a King and Queen of the Plunge based upon the best costumes at Carney’s on Friday night. Those lucky two get to lead the Plunge on Saturday, so get out your favorite costumes and get dancing!
- Afterparty. Afterparty. Afterparty. All of Cape May will be hopping with things to do after the Plunge, including back at Carney’s where numerous bands will keep your toes tapping all night long on St. Paddy’s Day night.
- You haven’t had a chance to check out the renovated Carney’s — it looks great!
- Kegs and Eggs, yo! And guess who’s supplying the kegs? You’ll be able to quaff some Cape May IPA as well as a one-off, French Toast Breakfast Stout. Also, it’s complimentary if you’re taking the plunge!
- There’s a Kid’s Trot on Saturday, too, so you can get the kids to learn at a young age how good it feels to help out a good cause.
- All of the proceeds go to help Family Promise. These guys are doing some good work: they offer food and a place to stay for homeless families while the parent returns to work.
- You’ll be plunging with five Brew Crew members: Director of Brewing Operations Jimmy Valm, Assistant Tasting Room Manager Dan Petela, Events Team Member Jenna Tesauro, Distribution Logistics Chris Martin, and Barback Chris “Goodie” Goodwin.
So, help out the Brew Crew and take the Plunge for a good cause!