1. Foreign countries love American craft beer as much as the USA, says Fox news – especially Brazil.
2. A “Happy Ending” beer from SweetWater Brewing Co with a label featuring the face of a, uh, climaxing man and his box of tissues is, not surprisingly, raising some eyebrows. (For more on beer label news, see here.)
3. There’s something out there called a beer dress. And it’s exactly what it sounds like: a dress… made from beer. Or, more specifically, from “a material produced by a bacterial fermentation process.” It’s the fabric of our lives.
4. A couple of bartender friends have invented Doggie Brew Bites, healthy treats for pups made out of repurposed barley malt obtained from breweries. “You could go out and buy a pint of your cheap domestic beer for $2.50, or you can spend a little bit more but get something way better in return,” says founder Mike McLean, on why his product is just like your favorite beverage.
5. A Tennessee woman used beer bottles to tell her husband she’s expecting, and his underwhelmed reaction has gone viral.
6. Someone threw a beer at Lil Wayne while he was on stage in Fort Lauderdale, after which the rapper confirmed: “Someone threw a motherfuckin’ beer at me.”
7. The world’s biggest beer makers will be putting nutrition labels on their bottles in Europe, and America could be next.
8. Pad Thai-infused beer is a thing.
9. A bill allowing visitors at Georgia craft breweries to take home 109 ounces of free beer was approved by the House yesterday. But the brewers still aren’t allowed to sell any. They “were looking for something robust – like a dark and flavorful porter,” says reporter Doug Richards. “They got something a little more like Coors Lite – in large part, due to the watering-down of the powerful beer wholesalers lobby.”