With this week’s release of City to Shore, it’s definitely time to start ramping up our fundraising for the annual BikeMS: City to Shore ride!
Usually held mid-September, this year’s ride had been moved to the first weekend in October before COVID hit. Now, they’re still planning to hold the event, but it may look a little different.
COVID or no COVID, we’re still committed to raising as much money as possible for Multiple Sclerosis research.
So… here are five reasons you should help!
5. Multiple sclerosis is a potentially disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord where the immune system attacks the protective sheath that covers nerve fibers and causes communication problems between the brain and the rest of the body. Eventually, the disease can cause permanent damage or deterioration of the nerves.
4. Bike MS is the fundraising cycling series of the National MS Society and raises more money than any other cycling event for any other cause. To date, Bike MS cyclists, volunteers, and donors have raised more than $1.3 billion to stop MS in its tracks.
3. Over the past nine years, the Cape May Brewing and Biking team has raised over $100,000 for Multiple Sclerosis research, with the help of fans like you.
2. While the disease can be debilitating, nearly one million people in the United States currently live with the disease. While the condition is unpredictable and living with MS can be difficult, symptoms come and go. Some days are fine, some much harder.
1. You’ll be able to ride with a member of the Brew Crew: Brewer Kevin Kately is making his second ride.
It’s not too late for you to become a member of our team! You can sign up or donate here!
And be sure to stock up on City to Shore! You can order online for home delivery to Cape May, Atlantic, and Cumberland counties, or check out our Beer Finder for a retailer near you!